Thursday, October 19, 2006

Top of the Mountain and Random Acts of Kindness

So here's a picture of me a the top of the mountain. Everyone was getting their picture taken with this dead tree, so I thought I'd go for it too. I think it says something along the lines of this being the top of Halla mountain.

Ryan and I were commenting on the way down from the summit about how extremely friendly some Koreans can be. For example, at the summit, one person from the seminary group just came over and gave me a candy bar. He said "Dan, a present for you, bye," then walked away. I just thought it was amazing that this one guy who I only talked with for about 5 minutes would just come out of the blue and give us a little gift then leave. I don't think I've ever seen a complete stranger do anything like that. The thing is that similar things like that happen all the time. People will fish in their pockets for anything they can give you. Ryan even had someone invite him to his house once and gave him a box of oranges when he left. Just completely random, unprovoked acts of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment