Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!

It's been a good Christmas here in Korea away from the family and friends from home. Thanks to the Internet, I've been able to keep touch with everybody.

The night before Christmas Eve, Brad invited Ryan and I over to his house to sign a card for Michelle, the boss. Before we left, he offered a shot of Russian Vodka that his Russian Mother-In-Law brought over when she came to visit. We happily drank the shots and went home for the night. I was ready to go to bed early since we had plans to hike Mt. Halla, but I took some medicine without eating any food. Combined with the nice Russian Vodka, my body went into purge mode and I stayed up all night by the toilet. Christmas Eve no longer spent hiking, but laying around, watching movies, and feeling overall miserable. That night we went to a buffet/party at one of the local hotels (KAL Hotel). It was good to get out and get some food, and it was a nice buffet at that. I wish I would've felt better to really enjoy the sushi offerings.

Christmas day was good. I had to work which wasn't too bad. Not having a break over Christmas isn't as bad as not having a break at Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving). Koreans have just getting into celebrating Christmas over the past couple of years, so it seems the people as a whole still don't get as into it. On Chuseok though, everything is closed, so it feels weird working that week. Also, I've pretty much grown accustomed to the fact that I won't have any holidays. So it's okay that I had to work. I've worked Christmas day every year I worked at Alta and Loveland Ski Areas, so it's not so different!

No comments:

Post a Comment