Friday, January 05, 2007

Goals

I feel like I did the dorkiest thing today. I sat down and wrote out my short-term goals. I guess you could say it's my New Year's Resolution to try and finally find a little more direction in my life. My short-term primary focus is to improve my Korean language skills, climbing, and guitar playing. It seems like it's not a lot to ask, but in practice, it's more difficult than it seems! I always feel like I don't have enough time! This is the first time in my life since college where I feel like I don't have enough time to do the things I want to do. I also have to remember that progress is slow and requires hard work, but it DOES happen if you stick with it.

So what do you think of my goals? Leave a comment or send me an email if you think I'm crazy! Make sure I stick with it! These are my short-term goals to try to stick with until I leave (tentatively) for Thailand on 2/2/07.

Daniel's Short Term Goals: (one month)

1. Korean Language
-Finish Yellow Book (20 more chapters)
*Complete one chapter/day every DAY

2. Climbing
-Go to the Climbing Gym 4 days/week
*Climb for 2 hours (2 days endurance, 2 days power)

3. Guitar
-Play 30 mins. EVERY day
*2 weeks, get back into playing. Only play fun songs
*2nd 2 weeks, begin Berklee training 20 mins, then 20 mins fun playing.

4. Work
- Do your best at work EVERY day
*Allow 45 mins. prep for each 3 hr. class

5. Life
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night
*Go to Sleep at 1 am, wake up at 9 am

1 comment:

  1. you've got a blogger account! sweet, now i can actually leave you comments. Happy New Year, Dan.

    ReplyDelete