Friday, August 04, 2006

First week of teaching almost over!

I'm almost done with my first week of teaching. It's going pretty well so far, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy my time teaching here. The work is really intense and tough right now since I have to spend so much time prepping for every class. It takes me about an hour and a half to prep for a 3 hour class right now, and I have two 3 hour classes, 5 days a week. Theoretically I should get better at prepping as I get more comfortable with the classes and more experience, but man...it takes a while right now. Also, since the students are on summer break from their regular school, 2 of my 10 classes are summer intensive classes. Hopefully....cross your fingers....after the summer, I'll only have 8 classes a week. Speaking of work overload, I just realized in the nearly 2 weeks I've been here, I haven't had a day off yet!!! I can't wait for Sunday!

Exciting news, next week I have to go to Japan to get my visa, so I can officially get paid. It'll just be a quick overnight trip, so I'll have to miss a couple of classes, but thankfully Ryan and Michelle will help cover them. I also have to do a make-up class on Saturday...Bleh. After the make-up class though, Michelle is going to take us to the beach! Woohoo!

(edit) Above is a pretty crappy picture of the city I live in, Jeju City (or in Korean, Jeju-si) It's divided into two parts, an old town and a new town. I live in the new town, known as "Shin-Jeju."

No comments:

Post a Comment