Friday, July 31, 2009

Lemon Chicken at Jejustock '09

IMG_5948jejustock by you.

A couple of weeks ago, my old co-worker, Christian, noticing the lack of availabilty for live music in Jeju, decided to put together a music festival of his own. Jejustock '09 at Gimnyeong beach was created as a fundraiser for WAVES for Development, a charity in Peru where surfers help the local communities. Christian and Jorge, the organizers, have seen a couple of our live performances and asked me if we could play. Unfortunately, Troy left the island, so we couldn't put together a big band on short notice. Instead, I talked to Hugh, we got together a few nights, ate some lemon chicken and Sushi and worked on a nice opening act. I'm always surprised how much the crowd seems to enjoy our folky songs, but I'm happy for it and love to keep playing. Hugh's an incredible guitar player and fun to play with! (photo: Cat Lever)

No comments:

Post a Comment