Saturday, August 19, 2006

Month one, check!

I successfully finished week three of teaching. It's hard to believe that I've been in Korea for nearly a month now. Its going very well so far. I feel like I'm finally starting to get settled in now and into a good teaching routine. After this week we start a new 'term' for school and will be done with the summer classes. This will mean only evening classes, so I'll work 4:00 - 10:00. We'll see what the actual schedule turns out to be.

Ryan and I went out to look for a bar last night and found a bar where some foreigners were hanging out. It was good to be able to meet and talk with other teachers. So far, our only way of finding things out about the island is from Michelle, who is a local. It's good to get a different perspective on things. They know things like where a good bike shop is, good climbing gyms, and just other places in general. A couple of them are in a band, so we'll go out again tonight and see them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment