Thursday, October 12, 2006

North Korea

Since the neighbors to the north decided to test out their first nuclear device, I thought I might give a little bit of my perspective on the situation. To be honest, the whole North Korean thing never really bothered me before. I just figured that they've just been doing their thing for the past 50 years or so and it would just continue that way while I'm here. I never really thought they would do something absolutely crazy like test a nuclear bomb and then threaten to use it! The other day when I heard about the test was the first time the whole North Korean situatation began to scare me a little. I wish I could tell you what the general feeling is here among the Koreans, but I still can't really communicate, read newspapers, etc. I get most of my news from American websites and the English version of the Korean newspaper, Chosun Ilbo (http://english.chosun.com) Also, the only people I've hung out with this week are the people from work. However, I think the general feeling here is to wait and see what the UN/USA reaction is. I just hope that nobody does anything rash. I'm really liking it here and I don't want a war to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment