Sunday, November 12, 2006

Five Day Farmers Market

Late fall weather and cool temperatures have set in and I've also been a bit sick for the past couple days so I didn't really get any climbing in this weekend. Instead, I decided to do a little shopping at the Five Day Market. Every five days, all the independent vendors get together for a market. You can find a lot of stuff like knickknacks, shoes, clothes, fruits, vegetables, grains, meat, and fish. It seems to be quite popular in the area and there were a lot of people there. The stuff is unbelievably cheap, but you can still end up spending a large chunk of change! I'm sure it's nothing compared to the markets in Seoul, but its still quite an experience. I took a few pictures along the way.


Want some beans? I wish I knew what all those other things were!



Mandarin Oranges are in season and absolutely everywhere, so I'm sure these were dirt cheap.



How about some fish?



Maybe some squid?



Cabbage? Make your own Kimchi!



I'm bummed because I forgot to buy some meat! Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment