Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New Term

Its been a crazy busy week this week. I've been tottering between sick and healthy for the last two weeks since I got back from Thailand. I think I haven't been getting enough sleep. As a result, I've missed most of my Korean classes (which I'm certain my teacher thinks I'm skipping due to drinking) and I haven't been getting much gym climbing in. However, my room is cleaner than ever and I've been getting in a little guitar playing too.

I teach at an academy that runs on four, 13 week (3 month) long terms through the year. At the end of each term, the students either move on to the next level or continue in the same class. Its really nice to change it up every 3 months. It breaks up a bit of the monotony of the job. This week started a new term and this term I even teach a new class to the lowest level of students we've ever had. These are kids who barely speak English. They're similar to my Korean level...nah...quite a bit better. I'm looking forward to the class and it'll be quite a fun challenge to teach it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:27 AM

    Have you ever tried ZICAM?? I don't know if they sell this in Korea or not though. It's an over-the-counter cold remedy... basically, if you take it at the very first sign of becoming ill (sore throat, stuffy head, runny nose, etc), it's supposed to help you recover faster. I was skeptical, but it really does work! I have been using this all winter, and have not been sick yet. Anyway, hope all is well! Your adventures around the world are making me jealous!! Looks like you're having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shay! LONG time no see!! Great to hear from you! I've never heard of ZICAM? I don't know what it is? There are all sorts of little home remedies and bottles of stuff you can buy at the shops, but honestly I'm a little scared of them! (they kinda taste like crap!) However, I'm feeling a lot better these past few days which is nice!

    ReplyDelete