Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jeju Life

IMG_3332 by you.

It's awesome to be back in Jeju!

I've been back for a couple weeks now and things have been a bit hectic and busy. It's been really great to see all my friends. Scott and Lara had a nice barbecue and Troy brought a nice bottle of whiskey. Mark and Shannon put me up in their place for a few days while I searched for a new home. They even let me borrow their phone (crucial!) for the last two weeks. My co-worker Christine has been running me around everywhere, finding a house, getting immigration papers sorted out, and furnishing the house. The department secretary, Yuri, has been making phone calls and helping to find these essentials also. When you first move to a foreign country, even one you've been to already, you really feel vulnerable. It really makes you appreciate the value of your friends and helping out.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back...are you living on the north or south side?

    ReplyDelete
  2. North Side, living in Oedo. Catch ya soon. You've got a great blog!

    ReplyDelete