Sunday, August 13, 2006

Back from Japan

I'm back in Jeju from Japan, officially legal in Korea with my visa for a year to teach English. The whole trip to Japan really wasn't bad, but not great either. Honestly, it was mostly a lot of sitting around waiting and flying. The flying was tough because when I flew it was either early in the morning or late at night, usually back to back. I'm not good at figuring out what to do in a city so that was tough, especially walking around in the 90 degree heat. After I got my visa from the embassy, I had a whole day to burn so I spent the time at the beach trying to learn a little Korean. It was pretty much too hot to do too much walking around, so I didn't do much but I did manage to learn something.

Staying in the capsule hotel was the best part. The saunas and tubs were pretty sweet. It was kinda like a modern version of the roman baths. There were a 7 or 8 hot tubs, all different temperatures, not chlorinated, and not smelly like normal hot tubs. There were two saunas, one cooler and one hotter. Afterwards, you took a shower sitting on a bucket, pretty crazy. Its hard to explain, but just imagine taking a shower sitting on a bucket and you've got it. I have to say that overall I liked the experience. The picture above is of the cool robe that you and everyone else has to wear when you stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment